I’m beached. I am stuck slumped on the sofa, bloated gut, unable to unfurl, and reading some of my fave bloggers. I’m waiting for the excesses of another ‘eating-as-many-left-overs-before-the-diet-starts’ supper to subside enough to enable me to move again. And I’m sitting here trying not to vomit and feeling thoroughly disgusted with myself…. I’ve just eaten half a carton of Madagascan vanilla custard after a huge bowl of pasta with a four-cheese sauce made with a small portion of the remaining Christmas cheeses.
Then I come across this hilarious but oh-so-true poem by the very funny and talented Dawn of Rhyming With Wine, and I think ‘I feel your pain’. it begins like this ….
I’m sorry to write you this rhyme,
And it’s breaking my heart but I think that it’s time.
…… and if you follow this link you’ll get to the rest of it, plus (bonus) easy access to more of the poems on her lovely blog.
Anyway, I’ve been meaning to sit at my proper computer and write my personal plan for 2018 but as I can’t shift my lardy butt at the moment I’ll make do with my phone app.
I never, I repeat, never. Never ever. I never do the resolution thing… especially the ones where you stop things, lose things, give up on stuff. They’re such negative starts to goals. If I do anything (and I usually don’t), I set a positive challenge. …go to at least one live music gig a month; organise date days out with Hubby at least twice a month (that’s this years one); but this year I need to incorporate some of those stop/lose/give up things to my goals. So I need a way to reword them with more positive phrasing.
This is my positive plan to improve my lifestyle and well-being in 2018
- FEEL GREAT in my own body by maintaining a healthier diet and staying hydrated
- ENJOY LOTS of fresh fish, fruit and vegetables
- TREAT myself to a fresh pineapple every week. Make loads of fresh fruit salad to nibble on
- ENERGISE – start the day with a protein rich breakfast – its nutritious, lasts longer and is easy peasy as I have my own hens to provide super fresh eggs
- SUPPORT my friend and belly dance teacher by turning up to class every week and practicing my shimmying in between. Remember how happy I am when I’m dancing.
- DANCE- go see all the great local live music that is available most weekends near home, and boogie the weekends away
- GET MORE fresh air and exercise by planning better to allow myself the 10 minutes to walk to the village rather than jumping in the car. also far kinder to the planet
- ENJOY MORE date days out with Hubby with ROMANTIC country walks in the gorgeous Mid Wales countryside
- PLAY MORE. If I want to play in my garden, i shall play in the garden. I love my garden. I love digging, weeding, raking. I give myself permission to spend more time in my own garden
I refuse to set a weight LOSS goal or an inch LOSS target, but with this little set of POSITIVE actions I’m hoping that I’ll be treating myself to some skinny jeans before the year is out.
How do you feel about New Years Resolutions?